Values and Mission
We are a team who ...
- Are dedicated to world class research and education in human centered signal processing and machine intelligence and their societal applications
- Reflects core values in solving important problems, adopting innovative interdisciplinary thinking, a collaborative spirit and rigorous mathematical and computational methods bridging science and engineering
- Is committed to timely dissemination of our ideas and their implementations
- Is part of an eco system: includes the departments, the schools, the university, industry and academic collaborators, scientific/technical community, broader society
- Upholds the highest levels of integrity in carrying out our work, and meeting our responsibility to all our stakeholders
- Strives to be leaders and develop leaders
How do we (try to) tick?
- Value freedom of ideas and thought
- Focus on big, important problems of intellectual and societal value
- Support a collegial and collaborative environment
- Practice an open communication environment
- Work hard and play hard
What is expected of a SAILer?
- Contribute to research and technology projects
- Uphold highest ethical standards, quality and integrity in research
- Disseminate results in a timely fashion: publications, software, data
- Gain mentoring, teaching and service skills
- Be a colleague
- Become a well-rounded leader
- Contribute back to society