POSSIBLE BENEFITS OF TAKING PART IN THE STUDY
You are not expected to receive any benefits as a result of participating in this study. However, your participation in this study may help us learn how individual differences, mental states, and well-being affect job performance. This information is expected to benefit society by helping us better understand the relationship between physical and psychological states to ultimately help people understand and improve job performance. For example, physical information from sensors may improve the accuracy of personalized evaluation to inform an employee and management about changes in job performance. These performance measures may serve as decision aids to optimize a workforce and create a happy and successful workplace environment.
POSSIBLE RISKS AND DISCOMFORTS
You might have some or all of the following discomforts or risks if you take part in this study:
- One of the wearable sensors may become uncomfortable during the study. In this case, you will be asked to remove the sensor and contact a member of the research team who will work with you to either ensure your comfort or end your participation in the study.
- You may experience chafing or skin irritation if your Om garment (shirt or bra sensor) is not properly adjusted. In this case, you will be asked to remove the sensor and contact a member of the research team who will work with you to either ensure your comfort or end your participation in the study.
- Some of the survey questions may make you feel embarrassed, due to the sensitive nature of some of the questions. To minimize this risk, you are free to skip any questions that you do not want to answer. If negative emotions become very unpleasant, you will be asked to stop the activity and inform a member of the research team who will work with you to either ensure that the negative emotions are no longer very unpleasant or end your participation in the study.
- We have put in place all possible measures to protect your information, but there is always the small risk that people who are not connected with this study will learn your identity or personal information. The research team will make every effort to remove your identifying information from the study and ensure the security of any personally identifiable information.
- This study may involve risks that are currently unforeseeable. During the course of the study, you will be informed of any significant changes in the risks or benefits associated with participation in the study. Additionally, you will be informed of any new alternatives to participation that might change your mind about continuing to participate in this study. If new information is provided to you, your consent to continue participating in this study will be re-obtained.